About the Course
This diploma course aims to deliver the benefit of the knowledge of the great Tamil system of Varmam to health seekers through “hands-on” training and make them employable by hospitals. The Therapist who completes this course will be eligible to practice under an Ayurveda or Siddha doctor.
Below are the unique features of this diploma course
• Unique design of curriculum and hand on practical training by Varmam experts.
• Support of doctors and therapist.
• Continuous evaluation process.
• Experiential learning.
• Credit System – on completion of each module.
• Evaluation of competence at all stages of learning.
• Follow Grit system of learning.
• Focus is on Cognitive, Psychomotor and Affective domains of learning.
• Knowledge delivery through domain experts.
• Internship under a domain expert at his place.
• Audio-Visual aids to enhance the assimilation of knowledge.
• Case studies analysis and demonstration.
• Clinical practice under doctors.
• Personality grooming.
• Participate in campus to strengthen skills.
• Placement assistance.
- Any individual aged 16 and above with minimum qualification of 10th standard pass.
- Any individual with three years of independent experience (a certificate given by Village officer or Panchayat President must be produced) in Traditional Medicine or Folk Healing Practice and age above 18.
This is a proven solution to get a job with a short time course post 10th grade. It has demanding job opportunities in all situations. Join a 1-year Varmam Therapist Diploma, since it will allow you to work under any of the AYUSH doctors across India as a therapist with starting pay of 10k to 15k.
The country has 7.37 lakh practitioners of alternative medicine streams like Ayurveda, Siddha, Homeopathy and Unani registered with the AYUSH Ministry and over 3,600 AYUSH hospitals.
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has said that as per his Ministry, there are 47683 Unani, 8173 Siddha and 1764 Naturopathy practitioners registered in the country. 3601 AYUSH hospitals, including 2827 Ayurvedic, 252 Unani, 264 Siddha and 216 Homeopathic are operating across the country. The number of AYUSH dispensaries in the country are around 25492, including 15520 Ayurvedic, 7439 Homeopathic and 1453 Nani dispensaries
Alternatively, you can start your own therapy center under the partnership of an AYUSH doctor at your place. We will guide you with every step to setup your own therapy center.
Mr. Ravi Kumar G
For information on how to apply, please visit our Admissions page.